Monday 3 October 2011

High-Level Research

Now, whenever moving to a new area the key question is: what are the pubs like, and what is the beer like? Happy to report that a) The Heart of Oak has Sky Sports, and b) The Poltimore Arms serves Doom Bar Cornish Ale. I like Pinhoe already...




I had a bit of a chat with some in the pub, and was surprised to find that one of the key issues locally remains low-level (but annoying) anti-social behaviour, to the extent that the police have in force a Section 30 dispersal order in some parts of the ward. I'll be setting up a meeting soon with the Neighbourhood Policing Team to see what it's all about.

This evening I shall meet Cllr Saxon Spence, local Labour Grandee and all-round Legend and also the County Councillor for the area as well as leader of the County Council Labour Group. So, I have met Cllr Tudor Evans in Plymouth and now Cllr Saxon Spence in Exeter. I may consider changing my name to "Viking", or "Regency"... Will report back this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment